Friends

Friday, January 27, 2012

Lynnderella - I Can Afford It!



The name says it all really…Oh wait!  That says “can”? I could have sworn it said “can’t”.  But with this beauty, we’ll all find a way to afford it!  Well, that was part of the joke why I bought it. I have been on a spree lately.  Ok, who am I kidding, it’s more like a marathon!  I can’t get enough of all this polish!  And the worst part is-- they keep making more!!!  But who can resist a Lynnderella?  Well my hubby, Mr. CC, for one.  He thinks the glitters are too chunky, but it’s just not his style.  I, on the other hand, drool at the sight of them!  And although I almost passed on this one, I’m glad I was weak to the peer pressure (of all those gorgeous swatches out there)!  I was seriously missing out, as this mani is one of my favorites.



Now to the polish!  First I notice the large and medium green hexagons. The medium hexagons appear to shift from a regular green to a glowing one with help from when the light bounces off of it.  It reminds me of a holographic glow, but based more in the green family.  A few green squares peek through, but finding them is a rare treat!  Scattered through the mix are purple and orange/copper pieces of glitter in squares, hexagons of both large and small sizes.  The other colors are not so bold, but a subtle change to the mix.  As you travel to the next layer, there are tiny round green glitters speckled all across the nail.  Even further down, you see micro glitter that delicately flecks blues and oranges with just the right lighting.  The multi-dimensional layers that go into this polish are breath-taking!  I never expected to love this polish as much as I do.  It’s a pure work of art and I truly appreciate the creativity that is Lynnderella.





Color Club Kiss Me Mistletoe



Paired with Color Club Kiss Me Mistletoe, the reflective foil helps the Lynnderella glow even more in my opinion.  At only one coat of each, it was a quick and easy mani with great results!  I’m all about layering, and with a Lynnderella, you get so much interesting packed into one bottle, there is no need to add anything else.  I put on my go to Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat with another coat of Seche Vite to smooth out any glitter.



As a side note, I used to only use Seche Vite, but noticed a lot of tipwear from shrinkage!  I mostly use Cult Nails Wicked Fast and make sure to really wrap my tips.  It helps a lot if I’m going to be using SV too.

Overcast

In the sun

I will wrap this up, as it's getting rather long.  But this is a trial post.  I had huge inspiration while looking at my nails and wanted to get this up and running.  I will spend more time with this blog as I am just recently becoming familiar with the idea of all this.  Suggestions are appreciated and thank you so much for taking the time to read my new blog.

Much Love,
Crystal

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I almost passed on this one too. But I am so glad I was persuaded by all the swatches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! You finally did it!!! So awesome!!!
    I love this combo so much! Interesting point about the Seche Vite. I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Becky!! I'm glad you got it too!! ;-)

    And Tracy, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! And I learned that trick from someone a while ago - I wish I knew who to pass along the refernce!! Me and my forgetfulness! lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the color club im wearing something that is close to the color now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I have I Can Afford It! on its way to me in the mail, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Crystal!
    I love your facebook page and your combos! It's not boring at all! :)
    Do u ming exchanging blogroll?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yayyyy!! You finally did it!! Love the mani. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DimplesandFashion, isn't is fun! I love greens!

    Triceratops, you will not be disappointed! This one is a beauty!

    Memoiselle! Yes! That would be great! I'm new to this, but will try to get you up there ASAP!!

    Thanks Marisa!! ;-) I'm so excited to have finally taken this step!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this combo! Lynns are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete