Friends

Friday, March 23, 2012

Claire's Candy Shop



Hello!!!  Today is Friday!!  You know that song, everyone is working for the weekend?  I never understood it while I was younger...not working - LOL!  I totally get it now.  Anyway, today I have a lovely polish that is said to be a dupe to the Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop.  Personally, I think Claire's could have been a little less obvious of the dupe, but I suppose the fact that their names are the same is kind of funny.  Oh well, it works for me!  Now I don't have DL Candy Shop to compare this, but from the pictures I've seen, there are some slight differences in color, but not enough for me to care.  The jelly on DL is a lighter pink and there may be more lighter blue glitter in than this one.   Otherwise, it's the same idea and it's beautiful.

This polish is extra special too, because the lovely Marisa, at Polish Obsession, found it for me!!  I was SO excited!!! She's a sweetheart.  :-)

I love that this looks like a pink version of a funfetti cupcake.  Those are are my favorite...uh oh, now I'm hungry!!! hehe There are medium and small hexagons of all different colors through the pink jelly.  The pictures are 2 coats with Wicked Fast top coat by Cult Nails.
 
 
Flash
 

I have to say, I have been getting so many compliments lately.  It has meant SO very much to me that people can appreciate me and my swatches.  I know it's just nail polish, but to me, a lot of why I love this is the community we've built around it.  I'm so glad we can be there to support each other and I truly appreciate all your kindness and love to me!  It certainly makes my day brighter!!  And I actually take time to care for my nails and to paint them nicely.  When I first started, I don't think I was nearly as patient as I am now.  Plus, it doesn't take very long for me to throw on a color if I'm in a hurry.  I'm glad to improve and continue moving foward.  And the best part is having you guys with me along the way!  Ok, I'm done being sappy for the day, lol.  Have a great weekend!!!!

Much Love,
Crystal

5 comments:

  1. I bought this & seeing it swatched on you makes me want to wear it so bad!!!
    & i totally agree with you, I love the community that we have made!!
    I lalalalaloveee you crystal <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to go get this today! Thanks! I have looked at the Claire's polishes and haven't thought a thing about them. Marisa is a sweetie; she is who hooked me up with 'Whimsical' :)

    ReplyDelete