Friends

Friday, March 29, 2013

Shimmer Polish - Tape Manis - Week 2


Hi Everyone!! We talked about last week how my name comes from my love of tape manis, so here we are again, with week two featuring Shimmer Polish!! And since Cindy, the owner, was kind enough to send me 10 different beautiful polishes, we will have a new tape mani every Friday for this 10 week event! I am so excited!! Aren't they gorgeous!?

Today, we'll be looking at Julie!  I have a friend named Julie :-)  And she is sweet and colorful like this polish!  Here are a couple bottle shots.



You can purchase Shimmer Polish HERE on Etsy. You can also visit the
Shimmer Polish Blog! for information and lots of swatches! And you can also stay up to date with
Shimmer Polish on Facebook and on Twitter - @ShimmerPolish.


I started with Sinful Colors as my bases, using 2 coats of each of (top to bottom) Sugar N Spice, Sweet Tooth, Sweet Nothing, and Unicorn.  I found these at my local Walgreen's store.  I then applied KBShimmer Clearly on Top to help the polish to dry very quickly!



Once that is dry, probably about 20 minutes or so, it's safe to use the tape! Of course, the longer you wait, there is less of a chance for smudges! If you are going to do a tape mani after wearing the polish for a day or two, I recommend reapplying the top coat to prevent the tape from pulling any of the original color with it!


When I do a tape mani, I apply the tape to my hand a few times to remove some of the tackiness of the tape. I lay it diagonally on the nail and with the clear tape, you can make sure the edges are flat against the nail. I do each nail individually with tape, then apply the polish. Once applied, I remove the tape and move the next nail. By the time that is finished, I add top coat and this is how it turns out!



I love all the glitters in Julie!  With Easter coming on Sunday (already?? lol), I decided to go with something bright and creamy, but the added glitter almost makes me think of decorated eggs!!  I love how this turned out!


Of course the beautiful thing about multi colored glitter, is that it looks great with almost anything, which is what I wanted to also show!  I think each base brings out the different glitters.  I love the versatility of Julie!



And some close ups!!  Don't drool too much ;-)





In case you missed last week's mani, here it is!!  You can see more information about it HERE!


I hope you are enjoying the Shimmer Polish tape manis so far!! Please check back next week for the next tape mani! ;-)

In case you missed above, you can purchase Shimmer Polish HERE on Etsy. You can also visit the
Shimmer Polish Blog for information and lots of swatches! And you can also stay up to date with
Shimmer Polish on Facebook and on Twitter - @ShimmerPolish

Have a great weekend!!!  Happy Easter!!!!

Much Love,
Crystal




*This polish was sent to me for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.*

3 comments:

  1. What a fun mani! :) Perfect for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These polishes are so cute, loving the color variety of this Julie one. I need to practice my tape manicures more, I don't do well with the sticky things on my nails, I guess I never wait long enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal I love your tape manis .. They are what drew me to your blog way back when I first started following you! I love your work <3

    ReplyDelete