Friends

Friday, April 5, 2013

Shimmer Polish - Tape Manis - Week 3

Happy Friday!!!  We're back with week three of the tape mani series featuring the fantastic Shimmer polish!!  As I've mentioned in the previous weeks, Cindy, the owner, was kind enough to send me 10 different beautiful polishes for review, so we will have a new tape mani every Friday for this 10 week event! I am so excited!!  They are all stunning!



Today, we'll be looking at Irene!  It reminds me of sand, which reminds me of the beach, which reminds me, where is Summer!?!? hehe   Here are a couple bottle shots.



You can purchase Shimmer Polish HERE on Etsy. You can also visit the
Shimmer Polish Blog! for information and lots of swatches! And you can also stay up to date with
 

For this mani, I started with 2 coats of Zoya Wednesday and topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top (it dries SO fast~!).



Once that is dry, probably about 20 minutes or so, it's safe to use the tape! Of course, the longer you wait, there is less of a chance for smudges! If you are going to do a tape mani after wearing the polish for a day or two, I recommend reapplying the top coat to prevent the tape from pulling any of the original color with it!


I know I've talked about all this in the last two posts, but just in case you missed it!  When I do a tape mani, I apply the tape to my hand a few times to remove some of the tackiness of the tape. I lay it diagonally on the nail and with the clear tape, you can make sure the edges are flat against the nail. I do each nail individually with tape, then apply the polish. Once applied, I remove the tape and move the next nail. By the time that is finished, I add top coat and TA-DA!!  Look at that gorgeous bottle!


I love how these two look together!!  It reminds me of a tropical island!!


Here is my bedroom lighting to better show the holo/sparkle that is in Irene!  It is very sparkly but in a subtle way.  It reminds me of a dusting of glitter on my tips!



Here is a close up of Irene's glitter mix!  So many beautiful colors in there!


And a close up of the nail!

 
In case you missed the previous manis, Candace is HERE! and Julie is HERE!
 

 
I hope you are enjoying the Shimmer Polish tape manis so far!! Please check back next week for the next tape mani! ;-)

In case you missed above, you can purchase Shimmer Polish HERE on Etsy. You can also visit the
Shimmer Polish Blog for information and lots of swatches! And you can also stay up to date with
Shimmer Polish on Facebook and on Twitter - @ShimmerPolish

Enjoy your weekend!!! 

Much Love,
Crystal




*This polish was sent to me for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.*

1 comment: