Friends

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Zoya - PixieDust Summer 2013


Hello Everyone!!  Happy Wednesday!  I am beyond excited to review the PixieDust Summer 2013 Collection for you today!  I've been wearing the original shades like crazy, so I'm excited to have more colors to choose from!  You can see my post on the original shades - HERE!

Information from Zoya about their PixieDust Nail Polish Collection:

Infused with even more magic and wonder! Because everyone wants more of it... The color experts at Zoya went back to the lab and created six more beautiful, long-wearing textured, matte and sparkle Zoya PixieDust Colors for Summer 2013! The incredible and best-selling formula is sure to captivate with a magical sparkle and sugary finish like no other.

IMPORTANT PixieDust Application Information - Do not use a base coat or top coat. Apply 1-3 (for full coverage) thin coats of polish. Allow product to dry down completely matte in between layers for full textured effect. The PixieDust textured formula may take up to 10 minutes to dry completely matte. Once dry, the textured finish is long lasting, matte and ultra-glittery!
 
The top three shades, Solange, Beatrix, and Destiny (L to R), are made with the Foil Twinkle formula.  These shine like foil and have a bit of a gold shimmer to them.  Miranda (bottom left) and Liberty (bottom right) have a similar glitter mix like Chyna from the original collection, that their glitters are similar to their base color.  Stevie (bottom middle) has more of a silver glitter with the purple, similar to the others of the original collection.


One more thing before we get to pictures, is the Share the Love information!
https://www.artofbeauty.com/rd/018453A0 <------ This is a Share the Love link, of the Summer PixieDust collection ($54), which is a way for me to earn points through them! So cool for me, but you guys can get something too! See what Zoya wrote: "Remember EVERYONE WINS with "Share the Love": When someone clicks on your personal link and sets up an online account, a $5 coupon a coupon for a FREE Bottle of Zoya Nail Polish will automatically be placed in their account and can be used immediately on their current order. TIP: If you use this coupon and add 2 more polishes to your order, you get free shipping too! The coupon will appear in the "My Coupons/ Promos" section of their "My Account" Page."

Pretty great deal! I don't see any promotions right now other than free shipping, but I was able to get a bottle of their Qtica Growth Stimulator https://www.artofbeauty.com/rd/0111DC19 (another link!) for the price of shipping (a $20 value!) through all their gifts of Share the Love points!

Zoya PixieDust polishes are $9 each and can be purchased through http://zoya.com/

***To reduce repeating myself, for pictures below I have used 2 coats unless otherwise mentioned, along with no base coat or top coat***


First up, Solange!


What a bright, beautiful yellow gold!  This is so bright in person.  The foil twinkle formula really brings this one to life!



Here is a blurred picture of Solange in my bedroom lighting to show some of the shine to this!  The PixieDusts can be hard to capture and are so much more beautiful in person!


Close up of Solange.


Next, we have Beatrix!


I don't always wear orange, but I wore this yesterday with a dark purple shirt.  I was in LOVE with how it looked, and again, the foil twinkle formula adds a bit of a gold shimmer to this beautiful shade of orange.


I can't wait to have a tan while wearing Beatrix over the Summer!


Close up of Beatrix.


Next, Destiny!


Destiny is stunning and you can see how the gold foil peaks through this red/orange color!


I love this one with my skin tone!


Close up of Destiny!


Next, we have Miranda.


Miranda reminds me of a raspberry red!  My girlfriend put this on a few days ago and it looked amazing on her!  Her skin tone is a little darker than mine, but it complimented her perfectly!  I do really like it on me too :-)



Close up of Miranda.


Next, we have Stevie.


I knew Stevie and I would be the best of friends!!  I absolutely love the silver glitters in this.  I think it adds such dimension to the colors!



Close up of Stevie.


Last, but not least, Liberty.


For Liberty, I do recommend a base coat because it does stain a little bit!  However, slight smurf tips could never keep me from this polish! I'm exaggerating, by the way! **You will not turn into a smurf when using this polish.**  However, that would be kind of cool!! hehe  But Liberty is absolutely breathtaking! 


Did anyone else notice there are now Red, Blue, and White-ish PixieDust shades?  Guess who will be going textured for Memorial Day!


Close up of Liberty!


I hope you enjoyed this look at the new PixieDust shades for Summer!!  Aren't they amazing?  I know not everyone likes the textured look, but I have to say again how hard it is to capture the beauty of these.  I was also concerned about how they would feel, but once dry, it is a nice smooth grit.  I actually really like it because it wears extremely well for me. 

I can easily wear a PixieDust shade for 3 days, while I'm normally changing after 1 because of my oily nails (I'm sure most will get a lot more wear than I do!)!  Plus, touching up is really easy!  Adding another coat will help get you through if you don't have time to repaint!  I also love how quick they dry and that I don't even need a top coat!  Overall, I'm a fan of texture for an elegant mani that can be done quickly and effortlessly.  I really do mean effortlessly, as I don't think I did very much clean up on any of these manis.  Zoya has a great formula and their brushes offer control to get the polish where you want it!  Another great collection by Zoya!

Hope you have a great day!

Much Love,
Crystal


*These polishes were sent to me for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.*

3 comments: